Sunday, January 25, 2009

Awards Season

Oh sure. I am eagerly awaiting the Oscars next week. I want to see all the gorgeous gowns. I want to watch the fabulous film, Slumdog Millionaire walk away with an award in all the categories it's nominated.

I'd love to dress up and recieve an award myself.

Well, it looks like I only missed the dressing up part! The lovely Ronnica at Ignorant Historian has presented me - lil old me - with an award!!
The fine print: “This blog invests and believes the PROXIMITY - nearness in space, time and relationships. These blogs are extremely charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give attention to these writers! Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly written text into the body of their award.”

What she said: TRS reached out to me when she saw I wanted accountability to my workout routine. It’s not her fault that I haven’t reached my goal one week yet this year!

Wow! Thanks Ronnica. That's so sweet and I'm so honored.

Now to pass the award along to other deserving people. My picks.

1: Bring the Rain. Bring the Kleenex! Angie is amazing! Her writing is so heartfelt and clever and spot on - and she claims she never edits! If you need some healthy Christian inspiration, go visit.

2: KC Masterpiece. One of the first blogs I ever followed. Talk about charming... Katie is adorable in all ways. The sort of woman everyone wants to be friends with - but she never lets it go to her head. Visit Katie for her funny observations, devoted odes to her lucky, loving hubby, and sometimes hilarious photos and diagrams!

3: Glossy Veneer. Another blog I've been reading the longest. Jill is real ladies! That's what I love about her. She shares her struggles and triumphs - and even photos of pimple, scars and road rash! Jill seems to be all about self-improvement - in a very charming way. Oh... she's also all about cup cakes! Jill rocks.

4: Moments of Clarity and Chaos. Oh my heck. Meet one hilarious single lady. Erinannie is the awesomest - writer, auntie, friend, marketing & social networking guru, big sister, potential foster parent!!! If anyone is actually working to make this world a better place... it's Erinannie. Been reading her for years too! She's actually a friend of a friend - can't wait to meet her someday! I think she's awesome.

5: Girl from Florida. She shares photos and tidbits of her life in Key West. Look for beautiful food, adorable photos of toddler Amelia, and gorgeous beachy scenery. She's one of those women you would cut off your pinkie toe to live next to! Even sharing the frustrations of nurs!ng school, you see her heart of gold. Definately the nurse you would want on duty if you're ever in the hospital.

6: 6Year Med. The other half of your crack, compassionate care team. Dr. Danielle is on her way to becoming a great, loving doctor. She is a beautiful writer (really bugs me when people who excell at the sciences infringe on writing territory!!! Talent hog!) and an even more beautiful person - inside and out. Dr. Miracle Worker most days.

7: Nurturing Narcissism. Oh, she's sweeter than she sounds. Melain is on the healthy side of narcissism. Oh so funny, and obviously a great friend, wife and mother. She writes about family, fashion, entertainment and HAIR! You'll fall in love with her.

8: Valley Girl. Tucked away in rural Canada, Tammi is essentially who I would be as an adult if I married and stayed in farm country. She shows me images of today that remind me of my childhood. She and hubby and family rely on the generousity of the Earth via the hand of God. Go enjoy her!

8 comments:

erinannie said...

You are way too kind to me!

Be sure tomorrow to check out the Nie Nie and CJane blogs tomorrow. They will be telling you to visit the mindygledhill.blogspot.com blog. Where you will (at the end of the day) see me as the guest blogger!

tammi said...

Oh my goodness. I'm afraid I have some serious expectation-living-up-to to do now!!! I am indeed honoured. Thank you.

Katie said...

Ahhh, how nice are you!?!?!? Thanks a ton for helping me start out my day on the right foot!

Unknown said...

You are the BEST!!! Thank you for making my day.

Melain said...

Wow THANKS TRS!!! And thanks for all the other suggestions as well. I'm always looking for great new blogs to fall in love with. I can't wait to check out the other honorary award winners.

and ps... Wasn't Slumdog Millionaire AMAZING?! I hope it sweeps at the Oscars, though I wouldn't be sorry to see Benjamin Button get a few as well.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your well deserved award!

I also enjoy your blog. It's a little oasis of hard to find common ground for me...most of blog friends are married moms, all the blog networks they take part in are for moms it seems. I enjoy them and they are so sweet but it isn't always the same and it's also nice to read the life happenings of someone presently on similar ground. You also express many things about being single much better than I could ever say it.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, I'm truly touched. That means a lot to me and I can't wait to pass this on to others!

Katie said...

Email me so I can give you my mailing address:

katie (dot) cardon (at) gmail (dot) com

background