Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Another Bug in the Family

My youngest niece (we call her Bug) is a shutter bug just like me.

In fact there are many ways she is like me, she's impossible to get out of bed in the morning, she's a bit of a drama queen.
Unlike me, she is the most flippin' adorable teenager you've ever met!

Her parents seem to buy Bug a different camera every year - she's always clicking away.
On Christmas Eve, I let her go snap happy with my DSLR. She was teaching herself to focus and zoom with the manual controls. Apologies to my brother, he'll have to buy her a DSLR next year! She LOVES it! Sorry.

I spent some time showing Miss Bug how to control the shutter speed, ISO and F stop so that she could take photos without a flash. We practiced on the Christmas tree - and there we had the bright idea to capture our reflections in a tree ornament.
Setting the self-timer, Miss Bug toyed with a self-portrait.

Isn't she darling?

No comments:

background