Friday, November 07, 2008

Sometimes... Nothing but First Place Counts

I'm still waiting to hear about that job.
The job I was supposed to hear about on Monday.
Called them on Tuesday and was told they are still deciding and that I'm one of the reasons it's so difficult to decide.

I got a call today saying I'm definitely in the top three - out of the 16 people they interviewed.
They had a few more questions for me. I answered. And now I wait some more.

I can't stand it.
I get that a lot. "You're in the top 2 or 3 candidates."

Well, my friend - that's nice but it really doesn't matter unless I'm Number One!
Second place in the Olympics is still an accomplishment.
Second place for a job - there isn't even a consolation prize.

Hoping to know by the end of the day Monday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

On a lighter note, I used to say, "Second place is the first loser."

But be patient and wait, I'm sure it will turn out for the better.

Knot

Anth said...

Annoying. I'll be praying for you.

Merrily Down the Stream said...

Fingers crossed! I just take these things in stride - BWAAAAH!

background