Thursday, August 28, 2008

I Can't Believe it Either!

I read the comics every day.

In fact, when I moved to Denver, I was disappointed to find that between the Denver Post and the Rocky Mountain News... not even three of my top five comics were represented. A G**gle search ensued to find my daily comic strips Online. I don't remember how, but eventually I found the Seattle Times Online and along with it, my top 5 comics.

Part of me hates to admit that I read Cathy. Not in my top 5 - but it's there when I check on the others so it doesn't hurt to check in. She's usually good for a laugh.

Occasionally, I share a funny strip with friends. For example: Pickles pokes great fun of humans and cat/human relationships... so that's great to share with my pet owner friends.

But last week, Cathy struck a cord relationship-wise.
Mr. Burns and I have learned that we have very different mental processes.

For example:
As a typical woman, my mind is constantly mulitasking. In fact, when I talk about pursuing photography... before long I'm talking about buying a new SLR with more megapixels because mine only has 6. Next thing, I'm talking about taking out a wall in my condo so I can have room for an office and a potential studio. Mr. Burns gets exhausted and says... "Why don't you work out steps 1-10 instead of jumping up to step 1,243?"

Mr. Burns sticks to one task at a time. I can't ask about plans for holiday travel while he's making breakfast - because he's busy thinking about breakfast!

Ugh!

So, I gritted my teeth and sent him this Cathy strip:
I was a little afraid he wouldn't even read it because it's Cathy. So imagine my surprise when that evening, I asked him a question and he said... "Refer to the Cathy strip." !!!

He's referred to it a few times since then. It takes a big man to embrace Cathy. But for the sake of communication, I guess he thinks it's worth it!

2 comments:

tammi said...

That's too funny! I'm torn between being annoyed that men are like that ~ and wishing that I was, too!! Cathy's generally not one I read either, but every now and again she's got some good stuff. Like this one!

Thanks for visiting my blog and for your compliments!

Ronnica said...

I'm not a fan of Cathy (it seems like the same thing over and over and over and over...), but that's funny!

background