Saturday, July 23, 2011

Quickies

Two things my bloggy friends...

One

After the disastrous online dating event I referred to in my last post... things picked up with another online suitor.  We exchanged a few emails and it is all very encouraging.  Allow me to tell you a story about just how sweet he is.  
The other day he asked about what concerts I was looking forward to this summer.  I responded that my favorite band is playing at a music festival next month.  In his next email, he shared that he downloaded a music sampler of that band on iTun*s so he would know what I liked.  (How nice/invested is THAT?!)  Then he wrote a whole email incorporating the names of some of the groups' songs... as sort of a word scramble game for me.  Cute. no?    Then at the end of the email he told me how much he was liking the band to which I just introduced him!  How do you not like the guy?  We're meeting on Monday.


Two

I went to my yoga class for the first time in five or six weeks... ouchy... I was sore!
One of my favorite instructors taught the class and at the end of class, he suggested that if there was anything any of us were holding onto that wasn't serving us (emotionally, not spare change!) that we should take a moment to just leave it in the room.
I thought for a couple seconds... and determined that I was still holding onto anger at Mr. Burns for wasting so many years with me... when he had to know he was never going to be able to commit.
I should leave that on the mat.  It's making me hostile and unattractive.
I wasn't so sure it would actually work... but for the past six days... I have felt SO good to let go of that hostility!  Wow!
So it makes me wonder... why do I avoid the sacrament of confession?   Maybe that's the experience I needed to be able to understand the freedom of offering those naughty things that don't serve me to God.

4 comments:

Genevra said...

What a cute thing for the guy to do! It's nice when they show a sincere interest in getting to know you.

I LOVE the yoga experience you had.

TRS said...

Genevra, I thought you'd like the yoga experience!

And yes, I thought it was cute too. Only one friend (who has been through two terrible divorces) pointed out that it seemed suspect, and that it sounded like he had too much time on his hands! Since he has a job like yours... yes, he has time on his hands right now!) And sure, I thought that if some other guy did the same thing... it might seem a bit much... but somehow, this was just right.

I met him Monday, he is definitely a contender. We're going out again this coming Monday! And he's in your city right now!!

Genevra said...

I'm so happy to hear he is a contender. I look forward to hearing more about this man who has such a noble profession. ;)

Melissa in Ohio said...

I would like to hear more about how it's going too. :-) Sounds like it was off to a good start after the first meeting. Hope it's going very well.

background